Buy the #EatForThePlanet book

So long dairy! Dean Foods, the largest dairy company in the United States is closing yet another one of its milk processing plants, PET Dairy, in Richmond, VA because sales are so bad, according to Dairy Reporter.

PET Dairy has been in operation for more than 80 years with dairy plants in several states, producing a slew of dairy products but consumers are clearly done with even the most elaborate varieties of dairy considering this isn’t the first closure of a PET dairy plant. This latest closure follows others, including the closure of a Wisconsin plant in 2015, an Indiana plant the same year and closure of Lousiana-based Brown’s dairy in 2016.

This news doesn’t surprise us. The consumption of dairy has been facing a steady decline for decades. Today, Americans consume 37 percent less dairy than they did in 1970 and in the past year alone, consumption of low-fat milk plummeted by 13 percent. Not only that, but plant-based alternatives are on the rise. Within the past year, almond milk sales in the U.S. have risen by 4.2 percent, reaching just shy of being a $1 billion industry.

Dean Foods closing dairy plants due to poor sales is huge… The dairy industry has had a stronghold over U.S. consumers for decades – largely because of claims that dairy is the best way to get calcium and “build strong bones.” While these claims about the merits of milk and cheese have been blindly followed by many, consumers are starting to wake up. From concerns over growth hormones and antibiotics in milk to a rise in dairy allergies, and growing awareness of the environmental impact as well as animal welfare issues associated with milk, people are increasingly saying “see ya!” to dairy.

The dairy industry is still attempting to fight the “good” fight with celebrity athlete-driven campaigns like Milk Life, but when you consider the amount of new, innovative nondairy products that have been hitting the market, it seems like they’re just treading water. Perhaps Dean Food should take a cue from this 92-year-old dairy plant that made the switch to what people really want: plant-based milk. If you can’t beat ’em, join ’em!

Image source: katesheets/Flickr

Santa Barbara School District Bans Processed Meat and Focuses on Plant-Based Alternatives!

Court Rules Trump Administration’s Decision to Remove Protections for Yellowstone Grizzlies Was Illegal!

Puppy Hid in the Corner at a High-Kill Shelter She Was so Afraid of What Would Happen – Now Look at Her!

Shelter in Louisiana Is Doing All They Can to Help Stray Animals, But With a Budget of $12,000 They Desperately Need Help

0 comments on “America’s Largest Dairy Processor Just Shut Down Another Plant Because Sales Are so Bad”

Gerhard Woof

I’m Gerhard Woof from USA, I was diagnosed of Hep B in 2009, and my Liver was bad. I saw a post about Dr. Colle Herbs that cures HIV, HEPATITIS B, DIABETES, CANCER, HERPES, and lots more…. I contacted him and told him about my health, he asked me not to worry anymore that he’s going to prepare the medicine and send it to me in the states. 3 days after sending the medicine I received the package and I took the medicine as prescribed by him and I was cured from Hepatitis B Virus. I took the medicine for 14 days, the medicine has no Negative Influence, it will only help you get cured. Contact him via [email protected]

JOHN PASQUA

END THE DAIRY LIE NOW AND TREAT THE COWS WITH RESPECT.

Denis

Who drinks milk/ Who eats cheese? Why kids of course. And me too, a retired adult. With America\'s declining birthrate the demand for milk is lower as there are fewer children. And why should these children drink milk. They don\'t want too because they have Coke, Pepsi, Orange, Ginger Ale which although loaded with sugar is much more delicious to children\'s palate. and its their preferred choice.. Perhaps now is the time for a milk management board so, one milk is available, and two farmers don;t go broke.

Renata Bartoli
17 Aug 2017

Farmer can start growing food for humans instead of for cattle: it would be decent, sustainable for the planet and much healthier for humans. Why on earth adult humans still drink the bodily secretion of another species made for their new-born babies is beyond me? That secretion is made to turn a little calf in a massive animal in the turn for few months: how healthy can it be for humans? Heart disease, cancer, diabetes ... Not to mention the appalling cruelty involved, but clearly you don\'t care about that.

Alessandra Ferrari

GREAT! Let us hope they all go out of business! And for those who profit from it? Let them starve! It is just what they deserve.

Denise
17 Aug 2017

I agree. Cows\' milk is for calves. Human mothers\' milk if for human babies... It is as simple as that. Drink milk substitutes.

Alexa

Cows are repeatedly impregnated all their life to keep producing milk that is meant for their babies, but instead bottled for humans to drink. Their calves have plastic spikes fitted through their nose so they can\'t suckle from their mother.

Milk contains growth hormones so their baby can grow rapidly. Milk also contains IGF-1, which is linked to several cancers. As Dairy cows are treated like milking machines they can develop infections on their teat, which produces pus, and drips into the milk - per spoonful that is 1,120,000.

Dairy is an unnecessary product, calcium can easily be obtained from plant sources. After all, the minerals, proteins and omegas in animal flesh and their secretions comes from the plants they eat.

Dovita

QUICK CURE OF HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS 1 & 2 WITH { [email protected] }

I will advice you to contact Dr Oshogum([email protected] ) who solve all problems and give cure very fast without stress and delay. i was getting drawn in herpes virus, and medical prescription (Aciclovir‎, ‎valaciclovir‎, ‎Valtrex‎... etc) was not helping me. Till a lab doctor (my friend) direct me to contact Dr oshogum for quick cure because he also read from people whom Dr oshogum have cure of HSV 1 & 2; Virus, HIV/AID, HLS virus, Hepatitis B, STAGE 3 cancer and other STD\'s. I contact him as direct with his email, i explain my problem to him. He replied with what he want me to do as soon as possible because he don\'t want delay. After i did what he ask, he send me a Remedy which i used as he prescribed. He is a miracle worker.. It is never too late with Dr oshogum contact him today with { [email protected] }. I went for test after two week and my result came out negative. Today again i did text and my result is always negative. Note he also have cures to diseases like

PENIS ENLARGEMENT
ALS
CANCER/RECTUM OR PROSTRATE
HEART FAILURE
ANAL FISSURE

peter jaff
17 Aug 2017

Hello everyone I am here to testify what Dr CHO-CHA ( who is a traditional doctor) I know from a reliable source that enlarging the penis and getting my relasionship restored is possible. I was encouraged to try one of these herbs by doctor CHO-CHA because since I was young, I’ve always Sincerely, I did not have much confidence in these herbs sent by doctor CHO-CHA . However, thanks Dr CHO-CHA , had a complex with the size of my penis and well, I didn’t have much to lose, in the end, they are cheap and you can do the exercises in the comfort of your home. I thought the worst that could happen was throw my money into the trash ,but as soon as I started ADMINISTERING the herbs. I started to notice changes very soon, towards the second month approximately. Frankly, each day I feel better and have much more agility with the girls. I AM eternally grateful to you.Dr CHO-CHA If you are in similar condition, you can kindly contact Dr CHO-CHA via E-mail. ([email protected]
) . Or call VIA whats-AP number .+2348158568638..YOU WOULD BE GLAD YOU CONTACTED HIM…