Whether you love the spicy zing of ginger or you only prefer the spice in crispy cookie people, there’s not denying that ginger has some amazing health benefits. Ginger has been used for thousands of years as a healing agent because it contains curcumin, a potent which can reduce inflammation, improve mental health, and improve the sink. Curcumin is the same ingredient that give turmeric it’s delicious orangish pigment, and is responsible for the tint of orange in raw ginger as well. Curcumin is difficult to absorb, however, which has led plenty of curcumin lovers to take the nutrient in supplement form.
With cold and flu season in full swing, it’s important to bulk up the immune system. For this reason, we’re compiled a list of 15 of our favorite ginger recipes, courtesy of the Food Monster App.
1. Ginger-Citrus Tofu Powerbowl with Bok Choy and Cashews[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="1067"] Source: Ginger-Citrus Tofu Powerbowl with Bok Choy and Cashews[/caption]
This Ginger-Citrus Tofu Powerbowl with Bok Choy and Cashews by Amy Height is Zippy and fresh with a hint of crunch, this perfectly balance plant-based meal is packed with protein and fiber.
2. Orange Ginger and Fig Granola[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="1067"] Source: Orange Ginger and Fig Granola[/caption]
3. Goji Berry And Ginger Smoothie[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="1067"] Source: Goji Berry and Ginger Smoothie[/caption]
With the antioxidants of goji berries and digestion benefits of ginger, Nikki and Zuzana‘s 5 ingredient Goji Berry and Ginger Smoothie is packed with nutrients. It comes together in just a few minutes and it’s the perfect way to start your day or give you a little “pick me up” when you hit that wall in the afternoon!
4. Ginger Garlic Chickpeas[caption id="attachment_1481149053" align="aligncenter" width="1600"] Source: Ginger Garlic Chickpeas[/caption]
This snack is perfect for a little lift in the middle of the afternoon! Try Danielle Joy‘s Ginger Garlic Chickpeas by themselves or over a salad! Add these to your soup, potato, or even rice dishes for an added punch of protein and tanginess!
5. Ginger Soy Tofu[caption id="attachment_1481245100" align="aligncenter" width="1600"] Source: Ginger Soy Tofu[/caption]
This dish is beautiful in its presentation and so yummy. This Ginger Soy Tofu by Kristen Genton is perfect for when you’re craving a little bit of protein or some salty goodness! Pair this dish over rice and let all the ginger flavors soak in!
6. Ginger Cashew Cream Noodles[caption id="attachment_1481291608" align="aligncenter" width="1600"] Source: Ginger Cashew Cream Noodles[/caption]
What more could you ask out of a meal? Emily Brees‘s Ginger Cashew Cream Noodles are so creamy, hearty, protein-packed, and tangy! The ginger in this recipe really brings out all of the richness in the cashews and creates an authentic cheesy flavor with its tanginess!
7. Raw Ginger Energy Bites[caption id="attachment_1481070246" align="aligncenter" width="1600"] Source: Raw Ginger Energy Bites[/caption]
These little Raw Ginger Energy Bites by Koko Brill are so flavorful and perfect for an easy breakfast on-the-go! Each one is packed with nutrients from almonds, cashews, chia seeds, and the star of the whole recipe- the powerhouse anti-inflammatory agent, ginger.
8. Thai Quinoa Burgers[caption id="attachment_1481139809" align="aligncenter" width="1600"] Source: Thai Quinoa Burgers[/caption]
These Thai Quinoa Burgers by Kathleen Henry are filling and so meaty! The texture of the quinoa makes this dish feel so satisfying and the ginger really kicks the flavor up a notch! Try these with some homemade French fries or a simple potato salad!
9. Raw Spicy Lime Balls[caption id="attachment_1481222171" align="aligncenter" width="1600"] Source: Raw Spicy Lime Balls[/caption]
Start your day right with one of Stefania D’Alessandro‘s Raw Spicy Lime Balls! The chili pepper and the tangy ginger in these will give you give you the kick you need to get through the day! Try these out or crumble them into a smoothie for an added boost of flavor!
10. Green Goddess Golden Milk Smoothie[caption id="attachment_1481275673" align="aligncenter" width="1600"] Source: Green Goddess Golden Smoothie[/caption]
This smoothie is packed with all the great nature has to offer! This turmeric, gingery, creamy goodness will make you feel like the god or goddess you are! Try Molly Patrick‘s Green Goddess Golden Smoothie for a boost of vitamins, nutrients, and flavor!
12. Yogi Bowl With Ginger Miso Tahini Dressing[caption id="attachment_1481320857" align="aligncenter" width="1600"] Source: Yogi Bowl With Ginger Miso Tahini Dressing[/caption]
This bowl is truly powerful! The tahini coats the sweet potatoes for a rich, delicious meal. Get your energy back with this miso ginger dressing and energizing vegetable combo! Claire Ragozzino‘s Yogi Bowl With Ginger Miso Tahini Dressing will have you back up to speed in no time!
13. Turmeric Ginger Oatmeal[caption id="attachment_1481320219" align="aligncenter" width="1600"] Source: Turmeric Ginger Oatmeal[/caption]
This Turmeric Ginger Oatmeal by Claire Ragozzino is the perfect meal to wake up to on a cold day. This oatmeal is so spicy and warming. It is packed with healthy carbs and healthy fats from the coconut topping.
14. Quick High-Protein Vegetable Stir-Fry[caption id="attachment_1481318481" align="aligncenter" width="1600"] Source: Quick High-Protein Vegetable Stir-Fry[/caption]
This Quick High-Protein Vegetable Stir-Fry by Laura Grosch is an easy dinner idea to “upcycle” leftover veggies and refuel after a workout or a long day at work! This bowl is packed with flavorful veggies and is elevated to new flavor levels with the lime, ginger, garlic, and fennel that are added in.
15. Gingerbread Mousse[caption id="attachment_1481192307" align="aligncenter" width="1600"] Source: Gingerbread Mousse [/caption]
This creamy Gingerbread Mousse requires just FIVE minutes of prep and ONE bowl to make! This mousse is the perfect blend of spicy, sweet flavors all presented in light, fluffy wrapping. Dessert doesn’t get much simpler than this.
For more energy-boosting recipes download our Food Monster App, which is available for both Android and iPhone, and can also be found on Instagram and Facebook. The app has more than 10,000 plant-based, allergy-friendly recipes, and subscribers gain access to new recipes every day. Check it out!
Lead Image: Ginger Soy Tofu