As March ducks out and we welcome beautiful, bountiful blossoms and butterflies, it’s important to keep our lips lubed and kissably soft year-round. Whether you’re a die-hard lip balm addict, a nighttime user, or a chap lipped lassie lookin’ for immediate relief, know that there are lots of fabulous vegan-friendly lip balm brands and flavors to choose from.
Some of the best of the best include:
1. Crazy Rumors: These lip balms are 100% vegan and come in a variety of fun and tasty flavors: Fresh Squeezed, A La Mode, Brew, Perk, Gumball, Soda Pop and Candy Cane – YUM! They have the perfect consistency—not oily, lumpy or sticky and they are packed with moisturizing ingredients like jojoba oil, organic shea butter, extra virgin olive oil and Vitamin E. They are also naturally sweetened with Stevia. Enjoy life’s simplicities sans the guilt: Coffee Bean without the caffeine and Banana Split without the calories. Yes, please!
2. Merry Hempsters: Their organic peppermint lip balm is wunderbar! It’s basically tingly, minty freshness packed into a little tube of hempy, hippie happiness.
3.My Lip Stuff: Although the majority of their balms contain beeswax, they do have a special list of fun flavors that are 100% vegan. Their vegan flavors include Veggie Lovers (bell peppers), Easter Edition (lavender fields), Valentines Edition (rosemary citrus), and St Patty’s Edition (gingerale).
4. LUSH’s None of Your Beeswax Vegan Lip Balm: This lemon/mandarin/vanilla balm not only smells insanely delish, but it’s packed with moisture-rich extra virgin coconut oil, murmuru butter and carnauba wax to keep your lips soft and smoochable.
5. Hurraw: These lip balms, which are completely made with organic, raw, cold-pressed and centrifuged extracted nut/seed oils and butters– are rawsomely good for you! They come in 12 delicious flavors: Vanilla Bean, Cinnamon, Coconut, Grapefruit, Orange, Mint, Almond, Licorice, Lime, Root Beer, Chocolate and Lemon. These lip balms are oval shaped (versus round) and fit perfectly into jean pockets and purses.
6. Eco Lips Bee Free Vegan lip balm: This heavy duty moisturizing lip balm is a must for those who live in colder climates. Its lemon-lime citrusy scent is über refreshing, and the formula is superb for soft, supple lips.
7. Zosimos Botanicals: These lip balms are completely vegan, long-lasting, and they glide on smoothly and feel amazing. Their apricot lip balm is especially fab and smells like sweet fruity candy; try to resist the urge to eat it!