I took a few minutes to make a homemade lip scrub and it was worth it! It’s very simple to make, requires only a few minutes, and a scant amount of household ingredients.
A good exfoliating lip scrub is perfect anytime of year but is especially helpful during the winter or in a drying climate. It helps shed the chapped layers leaving new skin that is ready and open for moisturization. It also makes my applied lipstick look even better!
What You’ll Need
- organic sugar (evaporated cane juice or coconut sugar)
- oil (I used almond but jojoba or olive oil would be great too!)
Add a Booster
- essential oils
- vanilla bean powder
Homemade Lemon Vanilla Lip Scrub
- 2 tablespoons organic sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon essential oil
- 1-2 teaspoons almond oil
- Mix ingredients in a small container. Using fingers rub a dab into your lips for 20-30 seconds and rinse with lukewarm water. Apply your favorite lip balm or a dab of oil.