1. They credit their vegan diet for their health, wellness and energy.

dannydavidweights

Who needs to drink green juices and smoothies to be healthy? Can’t they just stick to lifting weights and enjoy steak for dinner like normal people? Hippies.

2. They love animals. Ugh.

gene_with_animal

Isn’t that sickening? Caring for animals and fighting for their rights?! I mean, come on. How can they care more about cows than Louis Vuitton!? Damn those morals!

3. Some of them even look cute as a button!

Look at them, eating greens, blending smoothies, shooting arrows like elves. Do they want to live forever? It’s so unfair.

4. They care about the Earth—those jerks!

Cow-grazing-001

Reducing greenhouse gas emissions, massive water and air pollution, soil erosion and contamination…who cares about this mumbo jumbo? Oh, wait, vegans!

5. They mislead you with their food…wicked, tricksy, false!

Screen Shot 2014-01-03 at 2.34.01 AM

They make delicious cupcakes, cookies, muffins and a whole bunch of stuff without any butter, cream, cheese, milk….those cheats! Even Paula Deen hates them.

6. They are so demanding….why can’t they just enjoy bacon like normal people!

The 10 Step Guide to Dining Out Vegan…Like a Boss!

Vegans create pandemonium at restaurants just because they don’t want to eat greasy, high-cholesterol, heart-clogging food. They want this and that and don’t put that on my food, could I have extra this? Geez vegans, just shut up and sit down!

7. Such elitists….spending all their money on veggies!

Screen Shot 2014-01-03 at 2.48.50 AM

They sit on their high horse and judge others. Why don’t they just advocate for change in food subsidies so vegetables are less expensive? Oh, they do do that? Well, they repulse me.

8.  Worst of all…science and medicine supports them!

1002151_661299040564209_2092044980_n

Ugh, Vegans.

Check out some Awesome Veggie Burger Recipes Below!

10 Early Blooming Flowers for Your Spring Flower Bed

The Basics for Starting an Asparagus Patch

6 Beneficial Mulch Plants to Include in Your Garden

How to Plant a Potted Tree

What to Plant This Spring: 7 Trees That Take Less Than 3 Years to Bear Fruit

Simple Ways to Apply Effective Altruism in Your Everyday Life to Benefit Animals and the Planet

493 comments on “8 Reasons Everyone Hates Vegans”

Marcus V.

Ironically, everyone hates vegans because of their smarmy sense of superiority, as exhibited right here on this very web page.

Hi

Eating meat doesn\'t benefit anyone especially when there\'re many more types of food available everywhere. I\'ve been active in mental health care for over 20 years now and that\'s exactly why patients have no meat in their diet since eating meat increases aggression and they\'re already struggling to control their behavior. It\'s a scientific and medical fact.

I too believe that it\'d be much better for everyone including animals obviously if people stayed vegetarians from long ago.

Chicken Little
05 Jan 2018

When you say you\'re active in mental health care, is that as a patient or a receptionist?

MISANTHROPE

Just felt the need to say this: I generally hate people but vegetarians/vegans are among the few groups of people I actually like and wouldn\'t mind hanging out with because unlike meat-eaters they\'re non-selfish, non-arrogant, non-destructive,aware of the severity of how badly the human race is destrying other life forms and this planet (and themselves too) and they\'re caring and care about science too. They restore my faith in humanity little bits at the time.
I wish all of the \'human beings\' were like that and then and only then we might\'ve had a
chance to save other beings, nature and as a result of that, ourselves. Vegans, thanks for
being the responsible good human individuals every one of us must\'ve been.

Actually, Dipshit....
26 Dec 2017

Vegans are by far the most destructive and arrogant of all. Destructive because all the vegetables they thrive on destroy millions and millions of acres of topsoil with more added every time another vegetable-inspired crusader joins their insane and destructive cause to destroy the planets natural environment. Every carrot you eat requires said topsoil to be tilled, literally turning natures intended course on its head and destroying it for thousands of years to come. If you really care about the earth, you would eat a steak. You are indeed SELFISH, you are indeed ARROGANT, and you are indeed DESTRUCTIVE! You hate mother nature! If you loved her, you would eat a steak, pussy.

Chicken Little
05 Jan 2018

I\'m with Actually, Dipshit...

Oh, and what a crock of shit your comments section is - I\'ve put in Chicken Little as my name and somebull at onegreenplanet.org as my email address and it allows me to post. If you want credibility from those that comment, use a solution such as Disqus or even have a developer who knows how to create a secure comment tool for you.

vultures over fields

Why do I see so many vultures over a field after the harvest? Because the machinery slaughters millions of little animals as it plucks the veggies and grains, and trillions of insects. I don\'t want animals to die. I love animals and the planet, and I want to protect both. But I hate (some) vegans and vegetarians for the same reason I hate the mormons at my door -- you are preachy and ignorant, and you give us legit rational, ethical people a bad name.

Loving that Hate

So let me guess, those angry about vegans are the same ones who support guns, wars, genocides, slavery, racism, sexism, domestic abuse, beastiality, ... right? Cause that\'s how the few I\'ve seen were like who didn\'t like people talking sense and humanity ... LOL! Just ignore those clowns. History showed us that the likes of them NEVER stand. PROUD TO BE VEGAN ALWAYS AND FOREVER! YEEEEEEEEEEEEAH! *victory sign*

Actually, Dipshit....
26 Dec 2017

Actually history has shown us that people live vegans NEVER stand, because they lack the nutrients and vitamins necessary to do so without regular trips to the doctor and the importation of foods that would not otherwise exist where they live. That is the pre-text to a fall, buddy. Remember, HISTORY is NOT on your side. Vegans NEVER stand, at least not without regular inoculations of iron and other necessary vitamins and minerals.

Actually, Dipshit....
26 Dec 2017

Our omnivorous bodies beg you to feed them with deer, cow, pig, and other meats. Vegans are just so full of themselves and blind to reality that they no longer feel they need to listen to their bodies, and instead talk for them. Besides, without meat eaters, you vegans would be completely fucked, without a shred of a doubt. Deer and other populations would increase tenfold and all your precious vegetables would be consumed by deer and other wonders of nature before they had a chance to get to your table, and you and all your self-important vegan friends would die because you are all cowards who would be afraid to shoot a deer. Vegans, like hippies, except far more annoying, self-righteous, and lacking in necessary vitamins and minerals.

Hello

I\'m 15 and have a large number of intellectuals and people credited for their scientific works around me, of those 0 of them are meat-eaters. Among my family at least 95 percent of the people over 40 are strictly forbidden to eat any sort of meat except for a few specific kinds of fish by their specialized doctors and consultants. Nuff said!
I\'m not even that smart and I\'m 100% sure vegetarianism is superior and better for everything and everyone than eating meat and killin animals for it.
I\'ve also been a vegan since 3 years ago. I stopped eating meat as soon as I learned how meat exactly is made. Best decision I\'ve made so far. I\'m also a member of an animal-protection group. I too don\'t need anyone praising me for doing what\'s right. Thanks for the article.

Truth

The most natural state of us human beings is us when we"re kids. Kids never see animals as food! Tell or show a child where meat comes from and watch them completely rejecting ever eating meat again and being really mad at you for killing an animal for food!
That\'s what happened when once the kids in our family found out the truth and ever since they all rejected meat and forbid us to buy meat or kill any animals for food and I was a vegan from long ago but the rest of the family also started shifting to being vegan and the kids were all fed high-protein high-iron vegan diet from then on (they still eat diary though) so my point is that those who advocate killing animals for their own unreal egos need to realize that it\'s them who are being relentless anormal human beings. Anyone actually capable of thinking understands why vegans insist on reducing animal abuse or killing of them.
I don\'t preach meat-eaters one by one but since this is the first time I see such ignorance from a few comments here I didn\'t want to stay silent. I will not tolerate them saying whatever meaningless things or using \'alternative facts\' like many of those here are trying to do. In real life most people around me become ashamed that they\'re still not vegans when I tell them that I am and for example if we are together without me saying anything they too order a meat-less dish and they also lean more towards being vegan after a little while (since it is the healthier choice too and meat is much more expensive than fruits/grains/veggies/ ...) because similar to many places with logical people where I am, being vegan shows that you are aware and knowledgable enough to go with that so people who like the taste of meat never even dare to say any ridiculous made up stuff like these few comments here! I loved the article btw!

Chicken Little
05 Jan 2018

What a ridiculous notion! Why is it that vegans and vegetarians do these things to their own kids - showing them graphic images of the slaughter of animals. I\'m sure if they\'d seen their father\'s hairy arse going up and down they\'d be put off sex for life too. Stop assaulting your kids, dimwits.

Yellow

I became a vegan around 5 years back and honestly I did it for animals but pretty soon I found myself in a MUCH BETTER physical state than ever before! I never experienced feeling heavy after eating or food lingering in my system again, my energy level has been unbeliavaby high and I feel physically lighter and more agile and brisk and I never experienced stomach acid problems since and interestingly enough my iron deficiency got solved immediately thanks to spinach, fruits and nuts.
The side benefits of vegetarianism by themselves are totally worth the correction and yeah ... like all the other vegans I couldn\'t care less what some hateful, selfish, savage animal-abuser thinks of me and I\'ve NEVER been given anything but positive reaction and compliments and respect for being a vegan and I feel proud of myself for seeing the truth behind meat and not contributing to animals suffering by omitting meat/gelatine/ ... entirely from my diet. Us humans eat waaaay too much so even one people omitting meat can help animals and environment A LOT.
And yeah the world is moving towards the betterment of all and in the country I\'m living in there are many discounts and privileges for vegans and restaurants selling vegan food only do much better than let\'s say Mcdonalds or steak houses or anywhere else serving dishes with meat (especially red-meat). Cheers to all my fellow vegans and animal-lovers. \\o/
This article was great by the way. Really happy I came across it. Thank you.

Myself

And lower we have some proof of the arrogance and ignorance of a few bunch advocating animal abuse and more ignorance ... WOW XD They\'re funny!

Great Article

I have huge respect for all vegetarians all over because they\'re objective, fair, intelligent, considerate, respectful, ... . That\'s why I look up to most Indians that I\'ve met since they were all vegetarians. I would call myself that too but unfortunately I love gummy candy and I still haven\'t managed to find a brand that\'d produce non-animal-based gelatine but I don\'t eat meat or use anything that\'d give anyone an excuse to abuse or kill an animal. I don\'t preach though cause I work in production and what I do is slowly cutting and stopping meat production using my own ways.
And to the main question, well DUH, for the same reason why slave-lovers didn\'t like it when reasonable decent people told them that slaves are also human and equal to them ... slave-lovers pretended they didn\'t know that to continue their misdeeds. And honestly America is the only place I\'ve seen where some say phrases like "I hate vegans" or discourage vegetarianism but then again America is also the only place I know of where polite people and science-lovers are made fun of and even bullied by a loud bunch who barely respect anything/anyone or open a book.

Cheers to all vegans and animal rights activists. I\'ll join you too as soon as I spot a store selling vegan gummy worms. :D

Chicken Little
05 Jan 2018

Can you clarify - are you saying you prefer Indians because they were vegetarians, or simply because they were nice people who happen to be vegetarian? Also, don\'t be disillusioned - it\'s not only Americans that hate vegans, the world hates preachy vegans - us omnivores (look at your teeth to see that we are designed to eat meat, otherwise we\'d have teeth like a cow and not have canines) don\'t preach to vegans or vegetarians, or pescarians, or god forbid those damned fruitarians. There is a classic saying that empty vessels make the most noise. Enough said.