Now that Memorial Day has marked the unofficial start of summer, it’s time to ramp up your summer style with some new additions that will keep you cool and comfortable at the beach or summer gathering. At the same time, make a huge difference with each dollar you spend by trying these products that promote sustainable and cruelty free living.
2. The H&M Conscious Collection also features these carefree tank tops at just $7.95. These tanks are 95% organic cotton and 5% elastane for extra comfort in the summer heat.
3. A Lot to Say makes products from 100% recycled plastic bottles and a no-water dye process for the inspiring messages on every item. The classic string bikini at $60 has a spin with its message urging others to “love the planet, lose the plastic.”
4. Oakley Vault also makes a recycled boardshort from 55% recycled polyester in a feminine cut for $34.99
5. Eco Swim by Aqua Green is on a mission to “reducing our carbon footprint in the sand” with recycled and sustainable material swimsuits. Do your part in this retro bowtie halterdress swimsuit available on Everythingbutwater.com for $118.
6. Dress up or down this Maggie’s Organic’s basic sleeveless knit dress for a night out. This 100% certified organic dress is on sale for $25 but regularly just $30.
7. Billabong has dressed beach goers for years and the surfer staple has gone green with their Recycler Series Boardshorts on Swell.com. Each pair is made from 10 plastic bottles and range from $39.50 to $65.
8. Bring back classic preppy style the ethical way with this classic polo from Tompkins Point Apparel at $50. The shirt is made from 100% fair trade cotton from farmer owned trading companies with 25% of profits donated to communities that made the product.
9. This unique graphic tank from Billabong available at Zappos.com for $28.99 will keep you cool and become a conversation piece all day long. Start the conversation by telling your friends it’s made from 50% organic cotton and 50% recycled polyester!
10. Patagonia’s Men’s Stand Up Shorts are a durable classic made from organic cotton at $59.