Earlier this year we highlighted some of the best vegan book debuts of 2012. There has been another surge of amazing vegan book releases in the 4th quarter – just in time for holiday cooking, baking and gift-giving!
Below are 10 notable vegan and planet-friendly books released this fall (since our mid-September roundup). They are mostly cookbooks, with the exception of #13, which relates “global depletion” and our food choices.
1. Happy Herbivore Abroad: A Travelogue and Over 135 Fat-Free and Low-Fat Vegan Recipes from Around the World by Lindsay Nixon combines traditional comfort foods with international inspiration. There’s a little bit of everything in this healthy, plant-based recipe book!
2. Vegan Eats World: 300 International Recipes for Savoring the Planet by Terry Hope Romero is a culinary world tour of internationally-inspired vegan recipes. From curries and stews to dumplings and desserts, this is a must-read!
3. Crazy Sexy Kitchen: 150 Plant-Empowered Recipes to Ignite a Mouthwatering Revolution by Kris Carr gives readers the tools and know-how to adopt a nutrient-dense, plant-happy, harmonious approach to eating and living.
4. For the Love of Eating: Plant-Based, Vegan Recipes for Energy, Weight Loss and Healing by Roanne Lewis is not your typical vegan cookbook! It includes useful instructions on preparing whole grains, sea vegetables, cultured foods, and more.
5. Vegan Food Gifts: More Than 100 Inspired Recipes for Homemade Baked Goods, Preserves, and Other Edible Gifts Everyone Will Love by Joni Marie Newman features instructions for making mouthwatering vegan baking mixes, DIY gift baskets, and other special gifts.
6. The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Juice Fasting by Bo Rinaldi is a great guide for anyone interested in learning about or pursuing a juice fast. It includes useful information and data about the benefits of juice fasting as well as tons of delicious recipes.
7. The Karma Chow Ultimate Cookbook: 125+ Delectable Plant-Based Vegan Recipes for a Fit, Happy, Healthy You by Melissa Costello is designed to keep you happy, fit, and well-fueled! The cookbook uses a “keep it simple” and “make it tasty” approach.
8. The Gentle Chef Cookbook: Vegan Cuisine for the Ethical Gourmet by Skye Michael Conroy contains over 230 delicious plant-based recipes. It also includes detailed, step-by-step instructions for creating vegan proteins, cheeses, soups and salads, and all types of entrees.
9. Gluten-Free and Vegan Bread: Artisanal Recipes to Make at Home by Jennifer Katzinger contains more than 60 recipes for yeasted, sourdough, quick, savory, and sandwich breads, among others.
10. Comfortably Unaware: What We Choose to Eat is Killing Us and Our Planet by Richard Oppenlander discusses the true cost of the foods we eat every day. Oppenlander not only identifies the problem, but also discusses its origins and proposes viable solutions.
Did we miss your favorite new vegan book? Share it in the comments section below!
Want to have YOUR new book reviewed on One Green Planet? Drop us a line!
Image Credit: shutterhacks/Flickr