With summer right around the corner, finding vegan friendly and recycled accessories is a great way to continue eco living through the hotter months. These products add style and variety while taking away any memory of those winter chills!
1. ICU makes affordable sunglasses from reclaimed plastic and metal. Below is their Classic Bright Temple Sunglasses in Green at just $21.95 made from reclaimed plastic.
2. Be prepared for surprise summer storms with this totes Eco Micro Umbrella in Sage at only $17.50. The canopy is made from 100% recycled bottles while the base is 70% recycled steel and aluminum, finished off by a bamboo handle.
3. Native Shoes makes this bright Fizz Green flip flop in their Paolo style available at Zappos.com. These breathable, odor resistant, and animal free flip-flop sandals are ideal for both men and women on a hot summer day.
4. Walk in style with these metallic gold sandals from Sanuk at $32. The bed of these shoes is yoga mat material that will keep you comfy all day as you spend summer weekends playing tourist.
5. Spend picnics and beach days lounging on this large Picnic/Beach Blanket from A Lot to Say for $70. Their blankets, made from 100% recycled bottles and a water free dye system, are extra soft and feature messages about global warming and recycling.
6. Ella Vickers sells everything from beach hats to purses made from post-consumer sailcloth. Organize you summer essentials and head for the dock in one of her Rope Tote Bags at $120.
7. Brighten up with these bangles made from mango trees that no longer yield fruit. Mango Tree Bangles offers a wide variety of colors and shapes that are perfect for layering, such as their Samba shape in Grapefruit for $18.
8. Dress up or down with these versatile necklaces and bracelets from 31 Bits, a company that sells jewelry made from paper beads by Northern Ugandan women that are aiming for independence. I love the two necklaces I bought myself in Uganda, my native country. Try the multicolored Mabel at $30 and feel inspired.
9. Rebecca Mink answers the call for high-end cruelty free summer flats in addition to her high heel designs with these Grey and Beige Elephant Flats at Zappos.com, a splurge at $275. The upper is made of recycled material while the foot bed is printed with soy-based ink, finished off with coconut husks decorating the ankles.