This incredible tart comes together in minutes and will easily impress your most discerning dinner guests. The combination of seasonal fruit and luscious cream on a simple crust is very versatile. On a perfect summer afternoon the combination of peaches and raspberries is an ideal match for the rich mascarpone. In the fall, a layer of thinly sliced pear and fresh cranberries or figs would be a wonderful option.
- 1 cup raw almonds*
- 1 cup raw walnuts*
- 1/3 cup medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup cashews, soaked 2-4 hours and drained
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 TBSP agave syrup
- 2 TBSP lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp lemon extract
- 1/2 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp white miso
- 5 small peaches
- 1 cup raspberries
*Nuts can be soaked, drained and dehydrated.
- In a food processor pulse the nuts into a fine meal.
- Add the dates, vanilla extract and salt.
- Pulse until the dates are well incorporated and the mixture begins to clump together.
- Press into a 9 inch tart pan.
- Blend all of the ingredients together until a very smooth, thick texture is achieved.
- Score a small x into the bottom on the peaches with a knife.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add the peaches and allow to cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove the peaches and place in a bowl or sink full of ice cold water.
- Peel the skin from the peaches.
- Slice very thin and set aside.
- Add a thick layer of mascarpone to the prepared tart crust.
- Add a circle of the peach slices, slightly overlapping each slice on its neighbour.
- Fill the centre of the tart with fresh raspberries.
Image Source: Lisa Pitman