In this episode, I speak with Lisa Feria, CEO of Stray Dog Capital.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get 15% off all Four Sigmatic products, including their popular Mushroom Coffees, Elixirs, Mushroom Hot Cacaos, and Mushroom Matcha! Shop at: foursigmatic.com/eatfortheplanet.
About Lisa Feria
Lisa is the CEO of Stray Dog Capital, a mission-driven Venture Capital firm that drives alternatives to the use of animals in the supply chain through investments, expertise, and support. She is a seasoned business manager with over 15 years of experience running organizations and businesses. She has worked with blue chip companies such as Procter & Gamble and General Mills and on businesses ranging from $350 MM to $2.5 BN. Lisa has an MBA from the University of Chicago where she was voted “one of the 25 most influential MBA students,” and a Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering from the Georgia Institute of Technology.
Why You Should Listen
Lisa’s passion for changing the food system is easy to recognize and in this conversation, she dives into how innovators and entrepreneurs are gradually tipping the scales with plant-based products. In this interview, she provides some crucial insights that can help anyone trying to break into the food space. Some of the topics we cover include:
- What is a $50 million plan and why all entrepreneurs seeking investment should have one.
- What traits Lisa looks for in entrepreneurs and how she decides if they would be a good fit for investment.
- Common pitfalls and roadblocks that many new companies face.
- The one thing she believes all entrepreneurs should have.
- Trends and opportunities in the plant-based food space, as well as predictions for the future of food.
People/Companies/Resources Mentioned in This Episode
#EatForThePlanet With Nil Zacharias Podcast Links