One Green Planet is a platform for the growing compassionate and eco-conscious generation. With over 6 million monthly visitors, we are the fastest growing (and largest!) independent digital media startup focused on sustainable food, animal welfare, environmental protection, and cruelty-free/green living. If that’s not enough, we also just happen to be the biggest vegan/plant-based food and recipe site on the Internet.
About the Role
We’re looking for Editorial candidates who have a passion for the eco-friendly lifestyle. Our ideal candidate would have a knack for finding products that are natural, vegan, non-toxic, and sustainable – plus have a mild obsession with all things DIY (we’re talking beauty tricks, homemade cleaning supplies, and personal care products all made with items you probably already have in your house!). Ideal candidates will have a mix of editorial and analytical skills. You should understand how to tailor content to audience, optimize it for different platforms and interpret data to help readers discover products they love. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
- Generate ideas for new DIY and products features.
- Build and manage a network of DIY Bloggers.
- Grow and manage affiliate partnerships through affiliate networks/platforms and direct relationships.
- Write, edit and format articles + perform layout and fact-checking tasks and editorial research.
- Editorial coordination, including planning and communicating with editorial team members, bloggers, and partner brands/platforms.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field, and strong research, proofreading and writing skills.
- 1-2 years experience working in editorial and/or marketing.
- Ability to think creatively, structure ambiguous problems, and synthesize analyses to generate insights and actionable plans.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and high-energy environment.
- A demonstrated passion for and/or previous experience in the natural/organic/sustainable/green products industry.
- Experience working with affiliate platforms like Shareasale, Commission Junction, Skimlinks, LinkShare, Impact Radius, etc. preferred.
- A quick learner with a solid understanding of social media platforms and blogging tools.
- Creative writing voice that translates to web-speak.
- A sense of humor!
- Send an email to editor AT onegreenplanet.org with a cover letter, writing samples, your social media accounts and your resume.
Candidates must be based in New York City/Tri-State Area.
Endless stress-busting sessions with Goji, our Chief Happiness Officer. Other benefits include healthcare, fun times, and free vegan snacks!