Do you want to be a Green Monster? Are you looking to build your design skills while learning the ins-and-outs of the world of vegan food, animal welfare, and eco-conscious living? Then why not apply to One Green Planet’s Fellowship Program?
As the largest (and fastest growing) eco-conscious lifestyle platform on the Internet, One Green Planet proudly creates viral and thought-provoking content designed to inspire millions of monthly visitors to take action for the environment, animals and people alike. We’re all about throwing out preconceived notions and labels that define what it means to be “green” and showing people how they can change the world by taking small actions (like eating vegan donuts).
What’s the Fellowship Program?
A three-month long intensive, full-time paid opportunity that will require you to work from our NYC office. Fellows are typically recent college graduates who are forward-thinking animal lovers and environmental enthusiasts, looking to sharpen their knowledge of online media, and gain experience working on the latest issues in the space. Fellows will have the opportunity to work with the marvelous One Green Planet team and become an essential part of the day-to-day function of a fast-paced media startup that reaches millions of passionate readers.
What is Expected of Design Fellows?
We are looking for a creative superstar who can come up with epic graphics and animations for editorial and social media. The right candidate will conceptualize ideas as well as support our editorial team every day to come up with illustrations and more! In addition, they will also create fun infographics, gifs, as well as fun promotional and brand imagery for the site and company.
What are We Looking For?
In addition to a sense of humor and amazing work ethic, we’re looking for a candidate with the following skill set:
- A degree in Graphic Design, Visual Arts, Communication, or related field
- Photo editor extraordinaire and obsessed with making things beautiful.
- Killer graphic design sensibility to help shape the visual look and feel of our content
- Proficient at using Adobe Creative Suite/Photoshop and Illustrator
- Awesome team player, stoked to collaborate and work closely with our editorial team every day.
- Ability to churn of multiple graphics every day under tight deadlines, without comprising quality
- Ability to create easy video-based animations and creating graphic avatars/vectors is a BIG plus.
- Passionate about our vision and excited to work in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Not afraid to take on the challenge, learn new tools and software and excited about the opportunity to shape a cohesive design strategy for our brand.
- Send an email to team AT onegreenplanet.org with a cover letter, writing samples or portfolio (if any) and your resume.
- Participate in our #imagreenmonster campaign: http://onegr.pl/1lJE8G0 and send a link of your update along with your application
Qualified applicants who are selected for interviews will be assigned a series of test assignments for our consideration and may be required to complete a one/two-week trial phase. Successful candidates will be asked on board to complete a three-month-long fellowship.
- We are accepting applications on a rolling basis.
- Incomplete applications that do not include all of the information requested above will not be considered.
- Candidates must be based in NYC/the Tri-State area or willing to relocate at their own cost.
- This is a full-time paid fellowship.