On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, a kitty in a Christmas tree! Each holiday season, we await the return of hot cocoa, toasty fireplaces, presents galore, and Christmas trees. If you’ve ever had a feline friend around during Christmas, you know that they have a special affinity for these towering trees of green. Perhaps it’s the earthy smell, enchanting lights, or they might just need a stand-in for a scratch post. In any case, cats and Christmas trees go together like Santa and (vegan) milk and cookies.
It’s always a special time of year when the tree goes up, but nothing is more memorable (and adorable … and frustrating) than watching your cat take charge of the tree branches, knocking down any ornament that obstructs his or her path. Let’s take a look at some of the most intrepid kitties around.
1. Just another ornament on the tree. No biggie.
2. That bear’s going down…
3. Do these beads match my eyes?
4. You can’t see me … right?
5. There’s catnip in here. I know it!
6. Yeah, I climbed the tree. Got a problem with it?
7. What are you talking about “get down” … I was born to be an ornament!
8. And, this video pretty much sums it up.
Lead image source: Scott Smith/Flickr