Beetroot might sound like an odd flavor for cake but trust us when we say it is so yummy! This raw cake is beautiful and so moist. You will love it!
Beetroot Cake [Vegan, Raw]
- 2 cups ground cashews
- 1/2 cup almonds blitzed into chunks
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup carob powder
- 1/2 cup soaked pitted dates (4-5 dates)
- 2 cups peeled and roughly chopped beetroot
- 1 1/2 cups ground cashews
- 3/4 cup agave
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup cacao
- 2 tablespoons carob
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
For Chocolate Topping
- 1/2 cup cacao
- 1/4 cup carob
- 1/2 cup agave
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- Combine all crust ingredients in a blender until smooth. Sprinkle the carob/cacao powder in base of one large springform pan & press down crust mixture. Freeze.
- Blend agave and beetroot in blender until very smooth. Add cashew flour and blend again. Add remaining ingredients and process (do not overwork blender though). Pour mix over frozen base. Cover or seal cake on a flat surface for about 2 hours in the fridge or freezer until very firm.
- Process all topping ingredients until smooth. Pour over top of firm/frozen cake using a flat thick spatula to spread.
- Refreeze for 1-2 hours. It will be a thick topping! Let sit for 15 min before serving. Enjoy!