This weekend was something else. Winter storm Hercules, also known as snowmageddon or the snowpocalyse, hit nearly half of the U.S. with massive snowfall and chilling temperatures that many areas had rarely experienced before.
Some household members were certainly assigned the dreaded driveway clean-up while others found themselves enjoying the weekend snow day nestled inside with a blanket and perhaps even with a hot freshly brewed coffee, tea, or hot chocolate.
However you chose to stay warm and toasty this weekend, we hope you also kept your furry companions and wild friends in mind! Because, just like us, they need their fair share of tender love and care during the cold weather too.
And so to honor all of Earth’s creatures – both domestic and wild — and to celebrate Cuddle Up Day (January 6), we’ve compiled a cute-beyond-words photo list of some of the most adorable animals getting their cuddle on – some to keep warm and others just for the fun of it. Enjoy, and stay warm, Green Monsters!
1. “All on the branch now, c’mon!”
2. “Soft kitty, warm kitty…”
3. “Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down, never gonna run around and desert you!”
4. “I have a seeecret to tell yowhooo.”
5. “What’s white and cute and furry all over? We are!”
6. “Face lick time!”
7. “You’ll always have a friend in me.”
8. “I love my mommy soooooo much.”
9. “GROUP SNUGGLE!”
10. “Happy, happy day!”
11. “Besties forever!”
12. “We’re just one big happy family!”
13. “Sometimes after a long day, it’s nice to come home to a friend.”
15. “I’ll never leave you. ‘Swears.”
See something, Say something. Bookmark, share and help further build our directory of Animal Rescue Hotlines and let's be prepared to help animals today!